As we can easily witness, technology is taking new forms every day. From using physical currency to dealing with digital currency, we have witnessed a drastic shift in the development of the world. For the past few years, we are constantly seeing that different platforms and brands are coming up with their own payment apps. The same is done by Apple Inc. and the brand has already developed its own payment app i.e. Apple Pay. However, the users who are using an Apple device for the first time may not know how to use Apple Pay.
Well, these users can refer to this post and learn the complete process to use Apple Pay in the best manner they can.
What is Apple Pay?
Just like several other brands have developed their digital payment apps, Apple has done the same by developing Apple Pay to make sure that Apple users can send and receive money directly from their smart devices. Using Apple Pay is an extremely easy process and you can start using it without having to face a lot of problems. All you need to do is link your bank account with this app and soon you can start sending and receiving money whenever you need to.
Learn to set up Apple Pay
To set up Apple Pay for the first time, you need to follow the steps that are given below in the correct sequence:
- Unlock your iPhone and click on the “Wallet” app
- Next up, you need to locate and click on the “+” icon at the top
- Thereafter, you just have to click on the “Continue” option to add your card
- Now, it’s time to link your card with the wallet app
- For this, hold the phone over your card
- The phone will now read the card in just a few seconds
- Click “Next” and enter the card expiration date as well as the security code
- On the following page, you just have to click on the “Agree” option
- Now, your card will automatically get confirmed
- Finally, your card will be added to your Apple Pay wallet
Similarly, you can go to https://www.Apple.com/Apple-pay/ to learn more about the complete details.
How to use Apple Pay at store?
If you want, you can make purchases from a shopping store using Apple Pay as the payment app. This helps you ensure that you can easily make payments even if you are not carrying cash or debit/credit cards. Since we have the habit of carrying our smartphones or smartwatches whenever we go, therefore, there could be nothing more convenient than paying directly from your mobile phone. Here is how you can pay using Apple Pay:
- Unlock your iPhone the way you usually do
- Make sure that you have already set up Apple Pay on your iPhone
- Now, take your phone near the payment terminal
- After this, you will see that the wallet will launch automatically
- To pay using the default card, you now need to approve the transaction
- For this, you can use your Touch ID or Face ID
How to use Apple Pay on iPhone 11?
To use Apple Pay on your iPhone, you simply need to set up Apple Pay on your device and then hold your phone near the payment scanner. As soon as your phone detects the payment code, you will be able to confirm the transaction by using your Touch ID, Face ID, or PIN. You can also double-tap on the side of your iPhone 11 to finalize the payment. After learning how to use Apple Pay on iPhone at a store to make payments, let us now proceed with learning the steps to use Apple Pay to send money.
How to use Apple Pay to send money?
Using the “Messages” app on your iPhone, you can send money to someone through Apple Pay. If you do not know how this works, follow the easy steps listed below:
You can ask the in-built assistance on your iPhone i.e. Siri, to send someone the desired amount through Apple Pay. For example, you can say “Siri, Send Martha 5 dollars for the movie with Apple Pay” and alike statements.
Or do this:
- Open an iMessage conversation of the person whom you wish to pay
- Now, you just need to tap on the “Apple Pay” icon
- After this, you just need to enter the amount
- Then, click on the “Pay” option
- Add a note, if you want to
- Tap on the “Upwards” arrow
- It is time to review the payment details
- Now, enter your password or use Touch/Face ID to finalize the payment
Using Apple Pay is one of the biggest conveniences that several Apple users are using. Getting started with this digital payment app is a matter of a few minutes. You can easily set up Apple Pay on your iPhone or Apple watch and some other compatible devices. And the best thing about this is that you can add multiple cards to it. To know more about how to use it, just go to https://support.Apple.com/en-us/HT201239 and learn the given articles.