When you have more than one Facebook accounts and they are becoming unmanageable for you, then the best thing you can do in this situation is to delete your Facebook account. Besides this, there could be another situation when you do not feel the need to use your Facebook account anymore. This could happen due to someone’s own personal reasons, privacy reasons, and it could be anything else as well. Whatever be the reason, many of us do not know how to delete Facebook account. Well, deleting Facebook is not a complex process and can be done in a few easy ways.
So, the article below will explain to you the complete procedure of deleting a Facebook account and some per-requirements which you need to keep in mind before you proceed with the actual process.
Things to do before you delete Facebook account
If you want, you can perform the following functions on your Facebook account before you go on with deleting it:
- If you want, you can backup your data that is stored in your Facebook account
- You can also revoke app permissions in case you wish to
- After deleting the Facebook account, make sure that you delete the Facebook app as well
- You can also consider notifying your friends about the account deletion in advance
How to delete a Facebook account?
You can consider to deactivate Facebook if you want and reactivate it if you feel like coming back to it once again. You should not delete Facebook account if you are not sure whether you would like to use it once again or not. As soon as you learn how to delete Facebook account, you should note that deleting the Facebook account will delete all the data that is present over it. However, before you delete your account, you should consider deleting any sensitive posts that you might have shared. Even after you delete your account, some information about you might still be visible to other users such as your name, etc. Thus, make sure that you use a non-tracking search engine that does not store any of your data.
How to deactivate Facebook account?
Despite deleting your Facebook account, you can deactivate it temporarily. Thus, if you want to deactivate your Facebook account, you can follow the steps given below:
- At first, open the Facebook app
- Now, click on the menu and select “Settings & Privacy”
- After this, you need to click on the “Settings” option
- Then, select the “Your Facebook Information” option
- From there, go to the “Deactivation and Deletion” page
- Now, click on the “Deactivate Account” option
- Furthermore, click on “Continue to Account Deactivation”
- Follow some easy prompts to end the deactivation process
That’s how to deactivate Facebook account in short steps.
How do I delete my Facebook account?
If you want to know how to delete Facebook account permanently, then you can refer to the guidelines given below:
- To begin with how to close Facebook account, first, go to Facebook.com
- Now, go to the “Settings & Privacy” menu
- Here, click on the “Settings” option
- Now, click on the “Your Facebook Information” option to proceed
- Then, go to the “Deactivation and Deletion” page
- Furthermore, select the “Permanently Delete Account” option
- Followed by this, click on the “Continue to Account Deletion” menu
- To confirm it, click “Delete account”
- When prompted, you need to enter your Facebook password
On the final screen, select the “Continue” option
By reading this post, it would be clear to you that how to delete Facebook account. In case you are still finding it difficult to delete, deactivate, or close your account, you may need to go to the “Settings” menu and then do as required. Just make sure that you remember your Facebook login password as it will be required during the account deactivation process.