- Visit the “Retract Bid” page, on the retraction form, enter the item number and select the reason then tap on Retract bid.
- From the Help page, you need to type “Retract bid” in the search bar and then select the option labeled as “Retracting a bid” after which you have to choose the ”Continue” option.
- Now, you have to choose the reason and continue.
- Simply contact the seller.
Point to understand: If your financial situation fluctuates or the item is not what you have bought then you may wish to cancel the bid on eBay.
Canceling bids more than 12 hours before auction end
Provided there are more than 12 hours before the auction ends, you can cancel or retract any bid that you place on eBay. That is it, it is set by eBay
You can retract the bid if:
- You have accidentally bid the wrong amount.
- The seller has “Significantly changed the description of the item.
- The seller is not responding to the message.
How to cancel a bid on eBay as a buyer?
You can complete the retraction process by following the essential steps on the eBay retract bid webpage. To do this, you can either access the retraction form or you can navigate to the eBay help page and visit the section on the retracting bids, where you can find an alternative and newer link for retracting bids. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Open the retraction form.
- Now, enter the item number of the item that you have mistakenly bid.
- Just choose the reasons for canceling from the “Your explanation of retraction” menu.
- Tap on the “Retract bit” option.
- You can also retract bid’s on eBay by going on the “Help pages” option.
How to cancel bid on eBay via Help page?
If you need to retract a bid via eBay Help pages, here are the steps:
- Tap on the “Help & contact” from the left side of the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Now, enter “Retracting a Bid” into the search bar.
- After this, you need to select the option lableled as the “Retracting a Bid” option.
- Just tap on the item for which you would like to retract a bit.
- Tap on the “Continue” option.
- Now, choose the appropriate reason for canceling your bid.
- Tap on the “Continue” option.
- After a while, you need to select the “Retract bid” option.
How to cancel a bid on eBay as a seller?
Nonetheless, there is one way in which you can easily attempt to have a bid canceled even when an hour or more has passed. To do this, you have to get in touch with the seller and ask for them to cancel the bid; here are the steps that you need to follow:
- First of all, go to the item’s listing and select the “Contact seller” button.
- You have to select the “Other” option from the “Select a topic” menu.
- Now, tap on the “Contact the seller” option.
- You have to enter the topic heading and type a message requesting bid cancellation along with the reason for canceling the bid.
- Just select the “Send a copy to my email address” if prompted.
- Enter the verification code and then select the “Send” option.
Point to understand: You can also get in touch or call eBay seller in case the auction has more than 12 hours left to run but your reason to retract is not recognized as valid eBay.
How to cancel bid on eBay mobile app?
If you are an eBay block buyer, then retracting a bid on the eBay mobile app is very much easy. All you need is to go to the retraction form or you can easily follow the process that is highlighted here:
- Under the “Your Recently Viewed Items” option, click on the item that you would like to cancel a bid for.
- Click on the “More” button in the top-right of the corner.
- Tap on the “Help & Contact” option.
- Scroll down and tap the item you would like to retract.
- Click on the “Continue: option and then tap on the “Retract Bid” option.
Note: Even though a seller cannot give you a negative rating to cancel a bid on eBay, it can still run the risk of items the seller reports being invalid.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope by now you have clarity related to the steps for how to cancel bid on eBay. However, if you are still facing any issues in the process or ebay down error pops up, then you can get in touch with the customer support team for assistance. You need to understand that the customer support assistants are available round the clock to assist you with the proper set of solutions.